Mishaela Member replied

562 weeks ago

Once we have established the Red Dot free company in open beta/early access, we plan to dissolve the Red Dot linkshell after most people get their FC invite. (Read more)

Mishaela Member replied

562 weeks ago

There are a few main reasons for this.
1) Higher headcount with the FC.
2) Less administrative headache than maintaining both.
3) Better functionality and perks with the FC.
4) Avoid confusion of having a FC and LS named the same thing.
5) Avoid top-down segregation of members as happened with multiple LS in 1.x.

Basically, anything a LS can do, a FC can do better. Linkshells are no longer the primary (only) means of group organization and chatting and in ARR seem like they will serve a purpose more in line with what their in-game function has been all along: merely a chat channel.

If you are concerned about keeping in touch with friends who don't join the FC, well, that's what friends lists and other linkshells are for! For those concerned about keeping in touch specifically with the GAF subset of Sargatanas, there will still be a LS for that just like there was in 1.x, though the old NeoBELIEVE will likely be abandoned and replaced by a new shell to trim old inactive accounts from 1.x.

Questions or concerns, post away (or catch me on mumble)!

Tiras Member replied

562 weeks ago

Reason 5, oh did reason 5 get me a few times. Nothing like joining a shell and find that 50% or so of the people showing up in there are not really on that ls line.

Then I already found in beta that having both the ls and fc lines up provided some confusion as to which chat everyone wanted to post in, so that will clear things up there too.

Trakks Artemis replied

562 weeks ago

YES SIR! /salute

Ryshel Member replied

562 weeks ago

I highly approve of this decision. It will definitely eliminate a lot of confusion and drama. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of linkshells convert to FC and linkshells become a thing of the past eventually. A little sad but at the same time, probably for the best since all of the bonuses and stuff seem to be FC-centric now. TERA was just fine being able to only have one guild; like you said, friendslists are there to help people stay in contact with everyone not in your group.

Guevara replied

562 weeks ago

I am EU based, but will be able to play mostly at night time (have two very young kids keeping me busy at IT prime time).

Was wandering what time do you think FC events will be planned, so that I might choose to stay on Sargatanas and not move to Ragnarok.

Thanks.

Mishaela Member replied

562 weeks ago

Guevara, we will probably be scheduling our stuff in the evenings for NA times, somewhere in the range of 5-10 PM PST. If there are enough people on a different schedule then some events may get organized at different times, but judging from our experience with 1.x (for what it's worth) where that never got off the ground, I'm skeptical.

Honestly it's a bit early to tell.

However, if you missed the free server transfer window offered by SE, you'll be stuck on Sargatanas for a few weeks anyway until the open the server transfer service.

Guevara replied

562 weeks ago

Thank you Mishaela,

I thought I could still move to a new server, to be honest. In this case, I'll be stuck on Ragnarok, cause I did move some weeks ago, but making up my mind now… well, I'll keep following here to see how things go later on.

Thanks again.

Branagh Deschain replied

562 weeks ago

This is gonna be awesome. I really seems they swapped out FC for LS.

This will let us have the Purple Dot on the clothing right? =D

Mishaela Member replied

562 weeks ago

Thank you Mishaela,

I thought I could still move to a new server, to be honest. In this case, I'll be stuck on Ragnarok, cause I did move some weeks ago, but making up my mind now… well, I'll keep following here to see how things go later on.

Thanks again.Guevara
The free transfer window ended back in July, and I think that included the ability to cancel any transfer application you had submitted, too. http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=c04f3593f6d9559a3c75c30887a9678758c91b95

From what I've read, there are a lot of EU players centralizing on Ragnarok so chances are you will be able to find a group that schedules things on timezones closer to GMT. Not everyone can be a robot like Alaltus.

This will let us have the Purple Dot on the clothing right? =DAngier Branagh

From what we saw in the datamined art, the same icons from 1.x weren't available anymore, I think? At least, not as FC crests. We might have to come up with a closest approximation. We'll be looking into it during open beta weekend for sure.
Please log in to post a reply.