Watari Kage replied

537 weeks ago

Hello all,

Some names here are familiar, but unlikely that mine will be. I originally purchased FFXIV and played FFXIV 1.0 under the handle Rawk Hawk (also my GAF name). I played for a bit and when monthly fees were given a set date to start, I slowly faded out and always told myself I'd check back when 2.0 came out to see how things changed. After reading the reviews and watching some videos, I'm fairly interested in picking this back up at some point but had a couple questions about old characters. Specifically if it's worth picking up a lv30 ish character on a legacy server over rerolling on a new player server? My guess is you are all pretty bias to what Lindblum has become (Sar something?), but just curious your thoughts on the server.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the new game, will be fun to say hi to some old friends from nearly 2 years ago now.. holy cow.. Anyway, have a great night!

Kyle

Valtiel Serraph Member replied

537 weeks ago

If it is just you wanting to get back into the game then there would be no benefit to staying on a legacy server. If you're looking to reconnect with old friends then a legacy server is just fine. Also, you'd probably want to start fresh and level a class up from 1 to 50. Treat it like a whole new game (because it is) and start from the beginning.

FYI the game is now like World of Warcraft, just without all the bells and whistles. If you enjoyed vanilla or Burning Crusade you'll be right at home. Everything is highly instanced. End game is vertical progression (gear treadmill) and not horizontal progression (grinding for years for sidegrades in FFXI). Up to you whether those are good or bad features.

The game is routinely on sale so you should be able to find it for a good price.

Watari Kage replied

537 weeks ago

Thanks for the info, honestly not much of a WoW fan myself, I loved FFXI, and since it's launch have been playing around in GW2 which is heavily sidegrades as well.
Please log in to post a reply.